There are so many reasons why I decided to start my own business, some more sensible than others!
- I got hooked on using slings, but couldn’t understand why they were so expensive (though since starting my own business this has become clearer!)
- I wanted to use ring slings and tried about 5 styles that I didn’t get on with, so I designed my own and wanted to share my design with others
- I discovered Meme – a new fabric shop in Exeter – and needed an excuse to buy lots of their beautiful fabrics!
- Friends kept trying out my Kozy Carrier and going and buying their own, so I saw that there was a market for them to be sold locally
- I didn’t want to have to work a third day in my office job, but needed to boost my hours at work so that I qualified for Tax Credits
- After I was made redundant and couldn’t apply for jobs due to being pregnant, I wanted something to apply myself to, to boost my confidence and self esteem
- I wanted to create a flexible job role for myself that would work around my family
- It’s nice to have a bit of extra money!
- My partner wanted to try his hand at web design so I wanted a project to give him!
What made you take the plunge and start your own business?